Box scores from Baseball-Reference were used for everything from CharliE. Robertson to present day (with the exception of Matt Cain’s; I had an ESPN box linked to that from the other post, so I just pulled the information off of there). The four games pre-Robertson were found at Baseball-Almanac.
|Lee Richmond||June 12, 1880||Bradley|
|Monte Ward||June 17, 1880||Daniels|
|Cy Young||May 5, 1904||Frank Dwyer|
|Addie Joss||October 2, 1908||Tommy Connolly||Silk O’Loughlin|
|Charlie Robertson||April 30, 1922||Dick Nallin||Billy Evans|
|Don Larsen||October 8, 1956||Babe Pinelli||Hank Soar||Dusty Boggess||Larry Napp||Tom Gorman||Ed Runge|
|Jim Bunning||June 21, 1964||Ed Sudol||Paul Pryor||Frank Secory||Ken Burkhart|
|Sandy Koufax||September 9, 1965||Ed Vargo||Chris Pelekoudas||Bill Jackowski||Paul Pryor (2)|
|Catfish Hunter||May 8, 1968||Jerry Neudecker||Larry Napp (2)||Al Salerno||Bill Haller|
|Len Barker||May 15, 1981||Rich Garcia||Greg Kosc||Don Denkinger||Jim McKean|
|Mike Witt||September 30, 1984||Greg Kosc (2)||Ted Hendry||Drew Coble||Jim Evans|
|Tom Browning||September 16, 1988||Jim Quick||Mark Hirschbeck||John Kibler||Eric Gregg|
|Dennis Martinez||July 28, 1991||Larry Poncino||Bruce Froemming||Dana DeMuth||Greg Bonin|
|Kenny Rogers||July 28, 1994||Ed Bean||Don Denkinger (2)||John Shulock||Tim Tschida|
|David Wells||May 17, 1998||Tim McClelland||John Hirschbeck||Mike Reilly||Rich Garcia (2)|
|David Cone||July 18, 1999||Ted Barrett||Larry McCoy||Jim Evans (2)||Chuck Meriwether|
|Randy Johnson||May 18, 2004||Greg Gibson||Bruce Dreckman||Gerry Davis||Larry Poncino (2)|
|Mark Buehrle||July 23, 2009||Eric Cooper||Mike Reilly (2)||Chuck Meriwether (2)||Laz Diaz|
|Dallas Braden||May 9, 2010||Jim Wolf||Derryl Cousins||Jim Joyce||Todd Tichenor|
|Roy Halladay||May 29, 2010||Mike DiMuro||Tim Welke||Jim Reynolds||Bill Welke|
|Philip Humber||April 21, 2012||Brian Runge||Marvin Hudson||Tim McClelland (2)||Ted Barrett (2)|
|Matt Cain||June 13, 2012||Ted Barrett (3)||Mike Muchlinski||Angel Campos||Brian Runge (2)|
|Felix Hernandez||August 15, 2012||Rob Drake||Joe West||Sam Holbrook||Andy Fletcher|
1. The total number of perfect games worked by a given umpire is in parentheses.
2. Thirteen umpires have worked two perfect games. The first was Paul Pryor, who manned first base during Jim Bunning’s game in 1964 and third for Sandy Koufax’s the following season.
3. Ted Barrett is the only umpire to work home plate for two perfect games (David Cone and Matt Cain). He is also the only umpire to work three perfect games.
4. Three perfect games have featured two umpires who previously worked a perfect game: Mark Buehrle (Mike Reilly and Chuck Meriwether), Philip Humber (Tim McClelland and Ted Barrett), and Matt Cain (Ted Barrett and Brian Runge).
5. Of the four umpires who worked Philip Humber’s perfect game, only first base umpire Marvin Hudson has not been behind the plate for a perfecto. (He WAS the home plate umpire for Armando Galarraga’s near-perfect game on June 2, 2010.)
6. Brian Runge, who has worked two perfect games this season, is the grandson of Ed Runge, who was the right field umpire for Don Larsen’s perfect game in the 1956 World Series.
7. Runge and Barrett are the first two umpires to work two perfect games in the same season.
8. The umpires for Armando Galarraga’s near-perfect game in 2010 were Marvin Hudson (HP), Jim Joyce (1B), Jim Wolf (2B), and Derryl Cousins (3B). Joyce, Wolf, and Cousins had all worked Dallas Braden’s perfect game the previous month, which would have made Galarraga’s game the first to feature three previous perfect game umpires. Humber’s would have been the second such game.
9. John and Mark Hirschbeck were the first brothers to separately work perfect games. Tim and Bill Welke were the first (and only) brothers to work a perfect game together.
Photo: The Pioneer Online